This job is no longer available
Role – Interim HR Director
Length of Interim Assignment – Early May 2012 to Mid Dec 2012
Salary £90,000 - £110,000 + car and pro rata benefits
Base Location: Northern Home Counties
Outline of role – Responsible for the people strategy and part of the leadership team for two business units within the brand.
Current focus with Managing Directors is to support the creation of two new Exec team and their respective teams to enable the delivery of the business unit strategies (both of which are stretching for the coming financial year). The requirements however are vastly different and require different approaches from the HR team.
The role has 5 direct reports, the wider HR team has 29 team members covering Talent, Resourcing, Operational Skills and Development, Engagement and Communication and Brand Standards.
The business units include:
Retail – A business that includes Franchise businesses, this has delivered significant growth over the last five years. Innovation and staying agile and ahead of the market is the key to its success.
Enterprises – A newly created business unit that combines three sub business units. This team is the engine room for Brand expansion outside of store operations. To deliver the business plan there is a need to evolve the current structure, develop the culture and capability of the team.
The focuses be for the Interim assignment will be:
- Business Partnering the MD’s to develop their leadership team, supporting newly promoted or appointed individuals working within a new dynamic, ensuring team cohesion.
- Retail – Engagement is a key priority for the business, maintain and improving our engagement is a key lever of the business plan.
- Enterprises – Organisational development of the business unit, ensuring roles/responsibilities are scoped out to ensure consistency.
- Driving the HR team – stretching those in new roles and supporting those new external hires. The team will require support and coaching to enable them to settle into their roles and build the relationships needed to move forward.
- As part of the HR Leadership Team you will need to understand the wider HR strategy and deliver within your Brands context and be part of the dialogue around what HR looks like in the future.
The ideal candidate will need to have experience of operating at HR Director level within a Retail or Hospitality based organisation, your style will be hands-on, collaborative. Being people orientated, approachable and influential with drive and enthusiasm is also a pre-requisite. Candidates must be able to undertake UK wide travel for this role.