This job is no longer available
£50-55k + bonus
Supporting their business strategy of ‘best in class’, my client is continuing their commitment and investment to best practice and value-add HR, in the creation of the role of Employee Development Manager.
Reporting directly into the Head of HR, you will build upon the successful positioning of HR as a business partner and act a true Consultant, ensuring that the organisation has a structured, logical and professional approach to Employee Development. You will be given an autonomous remit with breadth in all aspects of Employee Development from Needs Analysis through to Evaluation; including coaching, talent management and succession planning relating to all employee levels both qualified and graduate. Working within a highly skilled and passionate employee population, you will be perfectly positioned to achieve improvements in competence and engagement levels
Key objectives and areas of accountability:
• Work with the Head of HR on the development of the Employee Development strategy to include budget management, evaluation and reporting on MI and ROI.
• Lead on Training Needs Analysis and Develop effective learning and development interventions and initiatives that raise employee and management capability and engagement levels
• Oversee Graduate and Apprentice intake and development plans
• Lead the development and communication of Learning, Leadership Development, Talent Management & Succession strategies
• Manage the Company appraisal process, including Senior Management level supported by 360 degree appraisals when appropriate and roll out appropriate training interventions, management development and coaching initiatives
• Provide direct specialist procedural advice & subject matter expertise to the business.
• Support the business with the selection and management of preferred 3rd Party technical training and leadership development suppliers, regularly reviewing the overall content, quality of supplier service offerings
• Support and promote continuous improvement, regularly benchmarking against external companies, current employment legislation and future trends.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to interpret individual and departmental development needs
• Drive a culture of learning, continuous personal development and high performance
• Take responsibility for effective training administration, processes and procedures
Key skills, experience and qualifications
• Experience in a similar Employee Development role at Manager level, ideally to include development of new strategies, initiatives and training plans
• Experience of working within highly skilled and technical working environments is highly advantageous
• CIPD qualified or equivalent (e.g. MSc in HR) and of graduate calibre
• Ideally relevant qualifications and certifications in Development, i.e. MBTI, 360 feedback, SHL or Thomas Intl Psychometric profiling
• Thorough knowledge of theory and best practice in Training and Development & Talent Management practices
• Ability to establish credibility with managers across the Group including the ability to communicate effectively at a senior level
• Experience of managing graduate development programmes preferable
In return for your expertise and commitment to the role and in addition to a competitive salary, you will be rewarded with a generous benefits package to include bonus, non-contributory pension, car lease scheme, PMI and generous holiday entitlement. Relocation package considered for ideal candidates.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your latest CV clearly demonstrating relevant skills and experience, to Abby Savage, retained Consultant for the campaign.
All applications will receive a response by the CV screening deadline of week ending 27 April.
ABOUT HARVEY NASH HR
Harvey Nash’s Human Resources Division specialises in the recruitment and development of HR professionals.
We set up Harvey Nash HR with one simple vision in mind - to create a specialist HR division that has the passion and razor-sharp focus of a boutique, whilst at the same time provide our clients and candidates with the unique market insight, resources and international contacts of one of the most respected brands in recruitment.
We are part of Harvey Nash, a global professional recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider, and trusted advisor to some of the world’s leading businesses, governments and institutions. We operate from 37 offices covering the USA,
Europe and Asia.