This job is no longer available
Position: Interim Human Resources Advisor (Maternity Cover)
Department: Human Resources
Duration: 12 months
Undaunted and determined, Merlin saves lives. We deliver medical expertise to the toughest places. And we stay to help build lasting health care.
Our mission is to end the needless loss of life in the poorest countries caused by a lack of effective health care. We help communities set up medical services for the long term including hospitals, clinics, surgeries and training for nurses and other health workers.
We do whatever it takes and we stay for as long as it takes.
The human resources team provides high standard advice, guidance and support on all human resources issues for Head Office and international staff. Our objective is to recruit, develop and retain high quality staff to enable Merlin to deliver excellent programmes with the best possible outcomes for beneficiaries. We are currently leading on a number of initiatives to further improve our ability to deliver these objectives.
Main purpose of the role
To be responsible for providing a professional and effective human resource service to London Head Office staff. This role is also responsible for reviewing and improving HQ HR policies and procedures and for leading on specific HR projects and initiatives.
Overall Objectives (scope)
- Manage the recruitment process for all London Head office appointments
- Provide specific advice and guidance to managers and employees on a variety of HR issues
- Design, develop and implement HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and best practice
- Lead specific HR projects and initiatives
- Maintain and develop HR information systems and processes
- Manage the Head Office payroll through an external bureaux
- Manage and advise on restructuring processes
To apply or find out more
For more information please see the attached job description. To apply for the position, please go to Merlin's website and apply using our online website.
Please note that we do not accept CV's and work permits are required for UK-based posts by all non-EC nationals.
Closing Date: 15th April 2012