This job is no longer available
RES is one of the world's leading renewable energy developers. Drawing on decades of experience in the renewable energy and construction industries, RES has the expertise to develop, construct and operate large-scale wind farms of outstanding quality. RES has now passed the 4000MW milestone and our enviable track record in project delivery has given us a reputation for excellence that is second to none.
RES are currently seeking a HR Manager for our UK and Northern European based businesses who will manage a team of 6 and report directly to the Group Head of HR. The role encompasses a wide cross-section of HR activity; in addition to contributing to the development and implementation of HR strategy, policy and procedure, the HR Manager will be responsible for the provision of HR services suited to the needs of a growing and diversifying business in a dynamic and vibrant sector.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You should have had experience in a substantial business and exposure to managing teams in a business partnering model. You will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to demonstrate the ability to function in an innovative and challenging environment. You will also need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate your customers' business plans and goals into the human resource capabilities needed to achieve results.
Ensure outstanding customer focus by delivering value-add, best in class HR support to internal customer groups in the UK, Ireland and the EU.
* Act as a consultant to your customer groups and provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans.
* Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits.
* Support line managers by driving a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning meetings.
* Provide valuable input and expertise to your customer groups as well as the HR Team in terms of UK, Irish and EU Labour Law, policies and practices
* Support the delivery of appropriate training and development programs
* Ensure consistency of application of our HR policies and procedures
* Deliver on business-critical HR related projects
* Provide highly efficient HR administration and reporting through our HRIS platform
* Ensure alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues in America and other EU locations.
Education and Experience:
Experience of operating at HR Manager level with demonstrated success in meeting high standards.
* Experience of managing other HR professionals in an appropriate business environment
* Exposure to European HR operations would be an advantage
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field is preferable.
* Ideally CIPD qualified.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
* The ability to understand business goals and recommend value-adding HR strategies, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives
* Proven knowledge and practical application of UK, ROI and EU HR practices and employment laws.
* Coaching and mentoring experience at management level
* Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs.
* Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
* Strong solutions focus and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong focus on delivery.
* Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
* Strong internal and external customer service focus
* Ability to develop effective working relations
* Good people manager, with effective leadership and motivational skills that develop and enthuse others
* Understanding and evident commitment to equality and diversity
* Excellent presentation and communication skills– including good listening skills.