This job is no longer available
- Interpreting and applying HR terms & conditions, policies and procedures
- Influencing and negotiating, to ensure managers and trade union representatives operate correctly within HR Policy.
- Produce and present clear, concise and well-argued reports, e.g. for case hearings.
- Carrying out ER case work in a unionised environment, such as disciplinary and grievance investigations.
- Presenting training courses on HR related topics and producing HR training packages.
- Managing members of the HR team, including taking responsibility for induction, training, workload allocation, appraisal and development.
The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present practical solutions to HR issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Facilitation skills to encourage dialogue between managers, staff and trade union representatives.
- Previous experience in a busy HR function in either public or private sectors during which time the employee has become knowledgeable about UK legislation, HR office procedures, including sickness absence and maternity procedures and staff terms and conditions of employment.
- A working knowledge of computer packages, including word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Experience of dealing with employee relations issues in a unionised environment.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.