Senior HR Business Partner
Human Resources -Our Manchester based client is currently searching for a Senior HR Business Partner
- Understands the strategic business activity of the Group and own Business Area(s) in order to successfully deliver in the role.
- Works alongside the Sector Directors and the Management teams to distinguish the HR priorities for their Business Areas(s) for the short, mid and long-term, in line with the Group and Business Area objectives.
- Influences the people element of the Business Area(s) strategy by using commercial data and evidence based insights to develop appropriate HR supportive initiatives.
- Ensures Business Area(s) are appropriately designed to deliver Company objectives in the short and long term and structural change is appropriately managed. e.g. restructures, changing processes, co-ordinate and manage the transferring of staff, (TUPE) etc.
- Through the application of annual Talent Reviews and succession planning, ensures that each Business Area(s) is able to identify, attract and retain key people with the capability to create competitive advantage, and actively manages an appropriate balance of resource to meet changing needs, fulfilling short and long term ambitions of the Group Strategy.
- Management of complex, high risk/high profile employee relations issues, including TUPE and Employment Tribunal.
- Ensures all Payroll and HR transactional processes, activities and data are accurate and managed in an efficient timely and cost effective manner, by liaising with the HR service Centre as appropriate.
- Develops line manager's HR knowledge and legal compliance by coaching, training and advising on specific HR Management and Training issues.
- Identifies key learning and development needs within own Business Area(s) and liaises with Training and Talent Manager to develop appropriate programmes.
- Influences managers at all levels to deliver best HR practice by applying the appropriate leadership style.
- Responsible for the appropriate forms of negotiation and partnership working with employee reps
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of ER and HR policies, processes and best practices, including experience of streamlining processes and benchmarking.
- Good IT skills essential, experience in developing HRIS, e-hr and intranets to support HR operational deliverable desirable.
- Able to build effective relationships across the business to support service delivery.
- MCIPD qualification.
About our client
Costain Group is one of the UK's leading engineering solutions providers that deliver solutions across energy and process (nuclear, power and hydrocarbons and chemicals) infrastructure (highways, rail and airports) and environment sectors (water and waste). Costain Energy and Process delivers innovative solutions for the gas processing, nuclear and power industries. Expertise in this area ranges from conceptual design through detailed engineering and procurement to construction and commissioning. As contractor of the decade (awarded 2010) Costain is absolutely committed to customer service and has a strong set of values which underpin all activity. With ambitious growth targets and a reputation for delivery in the most complex and challenging environments Costain Group is well positioned to build on its existing position and become the engineering contractor of choice.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page. Ref Code: MPPX13226407Z
About Michael Page
Michael Page Human Resources specialise in the recruitment of HR professionals of all levels, up to and including HR Director.